“These burgers will taste and look authentic, perfect to show off your cooking skills for a dinner party or barbecue!”
Nutritional Information (Per burger/side dish)
- 154 Calories/156 Calories
- 1g Carbs/35g Carbs
- 33g Protein/4g Protein
- 2g Fat/0g Fat
For the burgers:
- 450g lean turkey mince/low fat veg mince
- 1 medium sized egg
- 20g fresh coriander, finely chopped, plus extra to garnish
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 tsp Thai 7 spice seasoning
- Half a small red onion, finely chopped
- Slice of fresh lime to garnish
For the vegetable side dishes
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 10 cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 50g baby lead spinach
- Preheat oven to 175 ̊C/350 ̊F.
- In a large bowl, mash up the mince,
using a masher or your hands. Add the
remaining burger ingredients and mix well until well combined. Shape the mixture into 5 patties, then transfer to a lightly greased baking tray. Oven cook for 10 minutes. Turn over and cook for a 10-15 minutes. The juices will run clear when cooked.
- For the vegetable side dishes: Bake the
sweet potatoes in the oven for 45 minutes or until soft. Using a fork, scrape the contents of the potatoes into a bowl. Discard the skin. Mash thoroughly and season well. Stir in the cinnamon.
- Pour cold water into a non-stick frying pan (just enough to cover the base). Add the tomatoes and cook gently for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the spinach and wilt gently.
Makes 5 burgers and 3 servings on mash and veg
Preparation Time: 1hr 30 mins
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below:
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: