“This vegan lunch is as delicious as it is warming, and is perfect for drizzly Autumn days!”
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 348 Calories
- 47g Carbs
- 13g Protein
- 12g Fat
- 2 tbsps coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp celery salt
- 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
- 350g red lentils, soaked overnight
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 litre cold fresh water
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- juice of half a lemon
- handful coriander, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1⁄2 tsp black pepper
- 4 tbsps plain yoghurt for serving (use dairy free yoghurt if preferred)
- In a large saucepan, melt the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and carrots. Sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened.
- Add the garlic, ground coriander, celery salt and cumin and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the lentils, water and the bay leaf. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are just tender.
- Stir in the tomatoes and cook for several minutes until warmed through.
- Remove the bay leaf. Stir in the lemon juice, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into a bowl and top with a spoonful of yoghurt.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below:
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: