“These cheeky treats are perfect as a warming, delicious evening treat as the weather turns colder at night…”
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 238 Calories
- 17g Carbs
- 10g Protein
- 14g Fat
- 150ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 tbsps flaxseed, ground
- 2 tbsps ground almonds
- 3 tbsps coconut flour
- 200g gluten-free flour of choice
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 4 tbsps chocolate flavour whey or rice protein powder (optional)
- 6 pitted dates, chopped finely
- 45g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa), cut into small pieces
- 3 tbsps coconut oil, melted
- 50ml olive oil
- 3 tbsps stevia (or natural sweetener of your choice) plus a bit extra
- 2 tsps vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180 ̊C/350 ̊F.
- Mix the coconut milk, flaxseed and almonds in a bowl.
- Mix the flours, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, protein powder, dates and chocolate in a bowl.
- Add the oils, stevia and vanilla extract to the coconut milk mixture. Stir well. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir well. Add a drop of water if needed. The consistency should be of a thick paste.
- Line several trays with baking paper. Roll small amounts of the mixture into balls.
- Press gently into disc shapes (maximum 15mm thick) onto the baking paper. Allow some space between the cookies, as they will spread whilst baking. Sprinkle a little
extra stevia on top of each cookie, and gently press it into the dough.
- Bake for 7 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
Makes 12 cookies
Preparation Time: About 30 minutes
Try it and let us know what you think in the comment below:
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: