“This fragrant Thai-style soup is delicious, simple, and warming for the chilly Autumn nights that are approaching! Perfect for a lazy weekend Lunch while listening to the rain!”
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 480 Calories
- 46g Carbs
- 29g Protein
- 20g Fat
- 2 tsps organic butter or coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 10 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 aubergine, diced
- handful mushrooms (any variety), sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 300g chicken or turkey breast (cooked or raw), cut into strips
- 2 tbsps red or green Thai cooking paste (choose a low sugar variety)
- 200ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 pint fresh chicken stock or make with 1 organic stock cube
- handful baby tomatoes
- 2 tbsps fish sauce (nam pla)
- 150g gluten free ribbon rice noodles
- Heat 1 tsp of butter / oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Add the lime leaves, pepper and aubergine, and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Add the garlic, and meat, stir well and cook for 3-4 minutes. In a small saucepan, melt the remaining butter / oil and add the Thai paste and chicken. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring. Add the coconut milk, stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer the contents to the large saucepan, add the stock and stir well. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer, stir and cover. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and fish sauce, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the noodles, stir well to separate the strands, and cook for 3 minutes. Serve.
Preparation Time: 10-20 minutes
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: