“Friday Fish Day… A lot of people have fish and chips on a Friday to finish their working week. Make this classic a lot healthier than your local chippy. With 484 calories per serving this is at least half the calories you’d be consuming from a takeaway and it only takes 10 minutes to prepare. Give it a go…”
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 484 Calories
- 58g Carbs
- 42g Protein
- 11g Fat
- 400g baking potato
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 white fish fillets, such as haddock or pollock
- 1 tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 1 egg, beaten
- 140g frozen pea with mint
- 2 tbsp creme fraiche
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 4. Peel and chop the potatoes into thick chips, then coss with the olive oil and some salt. Arrange on a large non-stick baking tray and roast for 20 mins, turning halfway.
- Lightly toast the bread, then pulse briefly in a food processor for coarse breadcrumbs. Dust the fish in flour, shaking off the excess, then dip into the egg, then breadcrumbs to coat thoroughly. Roast the fish with the chips for a further 20 mins, until both are golden.
- Just before the fish and chips are ready, boil the peas for 3-4 mins, then drain and mash. Stir in the crème fraiche and season.
Preparation time: 55 mins (10 mins prepare, 45 mins cook)
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: