“Pizza! What’s your favourite pizza? Dominoes? Pizza Hut? Papa John’s? Well why not make your own with less than half the calories and enjoy it much more? Give this recipe a go and let us know what you think!”
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 96 Calories
- 6g Carbs
- 9g Protein
- 4g Fat
- small amount of coconut oil or butter to grease dish
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 40g porridge oats (use gluten free oats if preferred)
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 40g baby leaf spinach, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 a green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 40g low fat ricotta/cream cheese (use dairy free cheese if preferred)
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat oven to 150 ̊C/300 ̊F.
- Lightly grease a large round ovenproof dish with coconut oil / butter.
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites in a jug. Season well.
- Add the oats, vegetables, dried spices and herbs and stir well.
- Pour into the dish and cook for around 10 minutes, until centre of mixture is cooked.
- Spoon on the ricotta cheese, and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Makes 6 slices
Preparation time: 30-40 minutes
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below.
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: