“These meatballs are both tasty and healthy, and are an ideal portable snack or as a meal served with a healthy accompaniment e.g. a salad and sweet potato.”
Nutritional Information (per meatball)
- 51 Calories
- 1g Carbs
- 5g Protein
- 3g Fat
- 350g fresh chicken breast, diced
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100g fresh coconut, grated
- 1 medium sized egg
- 2 tsps curry powder
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt flakes
- handful parsley or coriander
- 10g coconut oil
- wedges of lemon to serve
- plain yoghurt to serve (use dairy free yoghurt if preferred)
- Put everything except for the coconut oil into a food processor and blend into a smooth paste. Using your hands, form the mixture into 20 meatballs.
- In a large pan, melt the coconut oil over a high heat. When the oil is hot, put the meatballs in the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Roll each meatball over and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges and a plain yoghurt dip.
Makes 20 Meatballs
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below:
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: