Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 778 Calories
- 64g Carbs
- 54g Protein
- 34g Fat
- 1 tsp organic butter or coconut oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 pint chicken or vegetable stock
- 40g bulgur wheat
- 30g tomato purée
- salt and pepper
- 1 x 150g salmon fillet
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
- wedge lemon to garnish
- Preheat oven to 150 ̊C/300 ̊F.
- In a pan, melt half of the butter / oil over a medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a steady simmer. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Melt the remaining butter / oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bulgur wheat and gently fry for one minute, stirring frequently.
- Pour into an ovenproof dish. Add the tomato mixture and stir well.
- Add the salmon. Cover loosely with tin foil and cook in the oven for 15-25 minutes, until the salmon is cooked throughout.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the coriander.
- Serve garnished with a wedge of lemon.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below:
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: