Nutritional Information (per ball)
- 178 Calories
- 16g Carbs
- 6g Protein
- 10g Fat
- 100g raspberries
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup (or natural sweetener of your choice)
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- 100g porridge oats (use gluten free oats if preferred)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 75g pitted dates, chopped finely
- 35g ground almonds
- 40g chocolate or vanilla flavour whey or rice protein powder
- 8 brazil nuts, finely chopped
- 70ml unsweetened coconut milk
- 60g shredded coconut
- Pour the raspberries into a fine sieve and position over a large bowl.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, press the raspberries gently, extracting the raspberry juices into the bowl. Discard the raspberry seeds.
- Add all of the other ingredients to the large bowl, except the desiccated coconut.
- Mix thoroughly and refrigerate for at least an hour until the mixture firms up.
- Divide the mixture into 9 portions and roll into balls using your hands. Pour the shredded coconut onto a plate and roll each ball in the coconut, to give them an even coating.
Makes 9 energy balls
Preparation time: roughly 1hr 20mins.
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below:
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: