Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 210 Calories
- 4g Carbs
- 17g Protein
- 14g Fat
- 3 medium sized eggs plus
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 10g organic butter or coconut oil
- 2 closed cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 medium sized broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 30g red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- Himalayan sea salt to season
- handful baby leaf spinach, roughly chopped
- 10g low fat Cheddar cheese, grated (use dairy free cheese if preferred)
- Break the eggs and whites into a jug and beat with a fork and season well.
- Melt half of the butter / oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and add all of the chopped vegetables except for the spinach.
- Sauté for 5 minutes, until softened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove any bits from the pan.
- Melt the remaining butter. Pour the eggs into the pan. Cook gently for around 3-4 minutes until the edges of the mixture start to crisp.
- When the centre of the omelette begins to firm up, add the spinach over the entire omelette.
- Then carefully add the other vegetables on top of the spinach, so that it wilts. Cook for around 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cheese. Using a wooden slice fold the omelette in half.
- Remove the omelette from the pan and serve.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below:
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: