“These delicious pancakes are perfect as a little treat on a cozy Sunday morning. Serve with a dollop of Greek yoghurt, black cherries (fresh or frozen) and some grated dark chocolate.”
Nutritional Information (per pancake)
- 148 Calories
- 9g Carbs
- 10g Protein
- 8g Fat
- 25g coconut flour
- 25g chocolate flavour whey or rice protein powder
- 30g whole porridge oats (use gluten free oats if preferred)
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp stevia (or natural sweetener of your choice)
- 20g dark chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa), grated
- 15g crunchy peanut butter (no added sugar)
- 10g coconut oil
- Put all of the ingredients except for the oil into a blender and mix together. Add a dash of water if necessary to achieve the right consistency. The mixture should be quite thick yet runny enough to pour.
- Heat some of the coconut oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium/high heat. Pour one quarter of the mixture into the centre of the pan.
- Move the pan around gently to even out the mixture into a circular shape. When small holes appear in the pancake (around 1-2 minutes), turn or flip it over and cook on the other side for 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer pancake to a plate. Add more oil to the pan and repeat the process four times with the remaining batter.
Makes 5 pancakes
Preparation time: 10-15 minutes
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below:
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: