This one is requested from Personal Trainer Jordan. He’s been on a blueberry muffin craze lately and wants everyone to be able to enjoy them too… So we have a low calorie and low fat recipe everyone can enjoy.
- Kcal 95
- Fat 0.6g
- Carbs 21.5g
- Sugars 8.5g
- Fibre 2.5g
- Protein 2.6g
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tbsp milk of choice (95g)
- 1/4 cup yogurt (preferably plain soy yogurt) (60g)
- 2 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar (12g)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract (4g)
- 1 cup spelt, all-purpose flour (125g)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp plus 1/16 tsp salt
- just over 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sugar of choice or xylitol (50g)
- pinch stevia OR 1 additional tbsp sugar
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen (125g)
1 – Preheat the oven to 350 F. Grease a muffin pan, or line with 7 or 8 muffin liners. (Since the muffins are added-fat-free, they will stick to the liners the first day. However, the liners peel off easily after sitting for a day. So you can either wait a day or choose to bake the muffins sans liners.)
2 – Whisk together the first four ingredients, and let sit at least ten minutes. (My yogurt is plain but not unsweetened, so add a little extra sugar if using unsweetened yogurt.)
3 – In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients except the blueberries and stir well.
4 – Pour wet into dry and stir until just evenly mixed. Then add the berries and stir again, very quickly and carefully so that the berries don’t break.
5 – Divide evenly into the muffin tins (it’ll fill up about 6 unlined or 7-8 liners) and bake 17-18 minutes or until muffins have risen and a toothpick inserted into the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, or freeze.
Makes 6 – 8
Preparation time approx 25 mins
Try it and let us know what you think in the comments below: