Another Family Meal this week, but this time is if you have a little extra time on your hands. A packed to the brim Lasagne, that no one can turn their face up too.
As I said above, this one takes a little longer to prepare but well worth the wait and effort. And I’m sure your family will be thanking you too!
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- Kcal 394
- Fat 13.4g
- Carbs 32.7g
- Saturates 6.3g
- Sugars 11.9g
- Fibre 3.4g
- Protein 34g
- Salt 0.7g
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 celery stick, diced
- 500g pack 5% fat beef mince
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 390g cartons chopped tomatoes
- 350ml skimmed milk
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 250g lighter soft cheese
- 75g lighter mature Cheddar, grated
- 9 fresh egg lasagne sheets
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion, carrot and celery for 8-10 minutes, until golden and tender. Season, add the mince and cook for a further 5-6 minutes until browned all over.
- Stir in the tomato purée and chopped tomatoes. Rinse the tomato cartons out with a good splash of water and add this to the pan. Bring to the boil then simmer for 10-12 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Meanwhile, mix 2 tbsp of the milk with the cornflour into a paste. Pour the remaining milk into a pan, season and bring to a gentle simmer. Stir in the cornflour paste and soft cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened, then stir in the cheese – reserving a little for the top of the lasagne.
- To assemble, spread a third of the meat sauce over the base of an 18cm baking dish. Top with 3 of the lasagne sheets, then a third of the white sauce. Continue with the rest of the ingredients, before sprinkling over the reserved cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C/gas mark 6 for 35-40 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
Ready in: 1 hour 20 mins
No one said you can’t enjoy food while trying to loose weight! Treat you and your family to this dish and let us know what you all think.