“Fancy a curry? Why not try making your own? This is a much healthier alternative to a takeaway and will most probably taste even better.”
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 514 calories
- 52g carbs
- 54g protein
- 10g fat
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil
- 5 medium sized onions, diced
- 5-10 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1-2 inch piece fresh ginger,
- peeled and finely chopped
- 5 green chillis, finely chopped
- 600g fresh chicken breast, diced (or use vegetarian chicken)
- 2 tbsps ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp garam masala
- 1 tbsp meat masala
- 1 tbsp sea salt flakes
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 50ml cold fresh water
- 30g per person uncooked basmati rice
- 30g per person cauliflower, finely chopped
- handful fresh coriander, finely chopped
In a large pan, roast the cumin seeds gently over a medium heat for 30-45 seconds. Melt the ghee or oil and add the onions. Cook over a medium heat until the onions are soft. Stir in the garlic, ginger and chillis. Cook for 1 minute.
Add the chicken and cook for 2 minutes. Then add the spices and salt. Stir well, coating the meat in the spices. Add the tin of tomatoes, and the water and simmer for 10 minutes. Add more water if the mixture seems too dry. Cover and simmer for one hour.
Meanwhile, add the rice to a pan of cold salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until cooked and drain well, reserving the water.
Bring the water back to the boil, then add the cauliflower. Cook for 2-3 minutes and drain. Serve garnished with coriander.
Prep time: 25-30mins
Try it and let us know what you think in the comment below:
Thinking of working with us? Fill in the contact form below: